DAY27:Thurs: Wintery Blast

Unbelievable that we got about 6 inches of snow last night. Of course, I had extra chores to do this morning including shoveling snow and warming water.

Forgot to eat breakfast (drank protein drink and lots of decaf coffee), but lunch was a couple of fried eggs on whole grain toast, and sliced apples.  Dinner is roast chicken, salad, and low-sodium V8.

Had to run out around 2. Got a call from the post office that our chicks were in ... a day early! Brought them home and hurredly fixed up some cardboard boxes for their home. On a count as I moved them into their temp home, we got 17 black australorp instead of 15, 12 red star instead of 10, and one unknown brown/reddish thing. One red star is crippled tho and probably won't make it through the night. I expected losses.

I didn't get much sleep last night (maybe an hour or two) because we didn't have electricity until about 1:20 a.m. and by then I realized I was in a lot of pain ... sprained my wrist gripping the seat last night during our harrowing drive home in the blinding blizzard. So ... I'm planning on hitting the hay directly at 10 tonight and sleeping IN ... Hubby will have to pack his own breakfast and lunch!

Have a good day, all.

No comments: