DAY2: A Decent Day

I meant to have all of us weigh today but I woke up feeling yucky, and didn't remember. Did the farm chores, made some more cheese (chipotle) from our goats' milk, then worked on getting my husband's snacks ready for the week. Have to make sure he eats some dried cranberries and pumpkin seeds every day to help with his bladder and prostate problems. Once assembled, I passed out for most of the day.

Then I helped my kid with homework for tomorrow, fixed dinner for everyone (using eggs from our own chickens), pushed my own dinner down (because I still don't feel well), did evening farm chores, picked some beans and 2 zucchini from the garden, fed a few cabbage leaves to my mini chickens, and came in to watch the first episode of Season 2 of "Once Upon a Time". Still have to do a load of dishes, and get the kid to take a shower.

Typical teen, right?

Couldn't believe I got the kid to drink V8. Told him it was "cold tomato soup" and he guzzled it down. I'll tell the truth after a week of drinking it with dinner.

I'm determined to get us healthy.

Kid has a doc appt tomorrow.  While in town, I'll pick up some more V8 ... the fruit juices for mornings, and the low sodium tomatoey V8 for evening.  And more apples and other fruits and veggies (well, need the fiber too). And bacon! Gotta have our protein!

That's it for today. I'm gonna brush my teeth, wash my face, and cuddle up in the bed to finish watching "Once" and "Revenge", then gonna go to sleep. Busy day tomorrow.

Here's what we ate today:

THE KID:
B: V-8 Strawberry/Banana fusion, 3 choc-covered gf cake donuts
L: Rice Mac with Rice Cheese, apple
D: 3 Rice cakes, broccoli slaw, 3 regular-sized eggs scrambled with cheese, low-sodium V8

HUBBY:
B: V-8 Strawberry/Banana fusion, 3 choc-covered gf cake donuts
L: Rice Mac with Rice Cheese, cranberries, pumpkin seeds, various other nuts/seeds
D: 2 Rice cakes, broccoli slaw, snow peas, 3 regular-sized eggs scrambled with my homemade chipotle cheese, low-sodium V8

ME:
B: V-8 Strawberry/Banana fusion, 1/2 protein drink
L: Choc cashew KIND plus bar (very sick most of day), water
D: 1 Rice cake, broccoli slaw, snow peas, 3 mini eggs scrambled with cheese, low-sodium V8

1 comment:

Yum Yucky said...

rice cheese? now THAT sounds interesting. And all this talk of eggs makes me want breakfast for dinner. I'm gonna do it.