T-DAY MINUS 1

Thanksgiving is tomorrow. This time last year I was soooo close to 200 pounds but never did get below it. But so many things have changed since last year.  My son developed epilepsy and was confirmed to have autism and OCD. My husband's father passed away which resulted in a huge family fight. We saw lots of baby chicks and baby goats born to our farmette. Got a puppy to be my son's service animal. And my health deteriorated so horribly that if I don't stay off my leg 3-4 months, I'll need surgery that will without a doubt keep me off my leg for 3-4 months.

So... we're not overdoing it for tomorrow.  Breakfast is bacon and eggs (from our own hens!) with whole grain waffles. But at Linner (lunch/dinner), we're having:
  • 17.82 turkey - in about an hour I'm cutting that raw thing off the bone and sticking it in the crockpot with onions, garlic, apple slices and celery ... should be ready by noon tomorrow
  • stuffing with mushrooms, onions and sliced water chestnuts
  • cranberries cooked with mandarin oranges, apple chunks and walnuts with a tad bit brown sugar
  • raw carrots, celery sticks, pickles and olives
  • sweet potatoes cooked and served with butter and walnuts
  • baked potatoes with sour cream, cheese and bacon (that's for my son ... plus a pepperoni pizza and carrots)
  • croissants and dinner rolls
  • 3 desserts (1) pumpkin pie (2) pecan pie per my kid's request, and (3) graham cracker tart shells filled with pumpkin-bread-frozen yogurt from Gotcha Yogurt and topped with pecans
Oh shoot. Didn't think about drinks. Well, I have lots of tea in the fridge, and instant coffee.  And seltzer. Plus it's only the three of us. As it is, we'll be eating this food for weeks to come!

I'm thinking Christmas is gonna be low-carb!

No comments: