Snack Meal - Ham and Avocado

If you've been reading my blog for any length of time, you know I like doing the snack meals. What is it? Basically, grabbing quick healthy foods that take almost no preparation. I'll post several snack-meal ideas over the next several Saturdays.

Here's one that I had the other day:
Fiber One Strawberry Yogurt, plum, 2 yellow pear tomatoes, 7 rice crackers, deli ham, and an avocado smashed with onion and garlic powder, and ground rosemary.

All of the food groups are represented here.

Next time I'll add carrots and zucchini.

But ever so delicious!

=========================

Tea of the Week: Earl Grey

=========================

Progress: Yesterday, Friday, I had to do some baking (a barter situation for some farm help). I baked chocolate cupcakes with vanilla frosting and little pumpkin sugar-thingies. And I baked some homemade cinnamon sweetbread. Then he forgot to pick it up! But that's not why I wrote it!

I did NOT taste any of it! I had icing on my fingers, and sometimes sweet chocolate batter, and I didn't even lift it to my mouth. Not a bit.

Shall I repeat that?!?!

If he doesn't pick it up today, I gotta send it home with MIL because she's coming to lunch AND you know I have a real problem with chocolate and fresh homemade bread.

Another temptation:

Today I am gonna help my Kid make gluten-free chocolate chips pancakes. Will I eat any choc chips? HECK NO!

I have a lot lot lot of baking and cooking to do over the next 6 days, and then for the next 2 weeks I'm gonna be surrounded by temptation and lots of my favorite foods and restaurants and family meals. I'm nervous but here's what I'm doing: I'm baking and cooking lots of goodies to take as snacks. That way I won't be starving. I may eat a few too many of my own goodies.

There will be two instances that I kinda have to eat what's there, including my dad's famous cheeseburgers which he will really get ticked if I don't eat, on a regular gluten bun. Maybe he'll be happy if I just take a bite with the bun, and eat the rest without. Yeah, that would work! The other day, well, I think I'll do the same thing: just a bite or two. On those days, maybe I can take a nice walk afterwards. Or before.

Gluten-Free Low-Carb Snacks:
1-min-flax muffin: chocolate raspberry
1-min-flax muffin: chocolate coffee
1-min-flax muffin: chocolate peppermint
taco quiche
chili quiche
string cheese
boiled eggs
pickles!

==================================

I'm gonna be pretty busy this weekend so I won't get a chance to comment on blogs, probably until Monday. I will try to read postings, tho, in the evenings.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Not even a lick of icing?! You are my hero... Deb

Scuttleboose said...

Great job on avoiding temptation - you should really give yourself a pat on the back! Your snack-meal looks so well-balanced, yet yummy!
What's a 1-min flax muffin?

Vee said...

Deb: aw shucks!

Scuttle: it's really cool chemistry: 2 scoops of ground flaxseed (1/4 cup), 1/2 tsp baking powder, 1 egg, 1 tbsp oil or melted butter, 1 pkt stevia or other sweetener, and flavoring (chocolate, sugar-free gelatin, etc). Mix well. Microwave for 1 minute (or I've started cooking them in my g.t.express 101 for 9 minutes). Rises like "real" bread. Quick, gluten-free, low-carb, low cal and filling. FULL of fiber so no one should eat too many in a day, if you get my meaning!

Vee

Anonymous said...

Just found your blog- you're doing great! Very inspiring! I'm GF also - so that was neat to read (not by choice either - CD).
D