I saw on Dr. Oz not too long ago that hot peppers and other spicy food is just one way to boost metabolism. Since I heard that, I've been working spicy food (those with capsaicin) into my menu as much as possible. Problem: I don't like spicy food. I have IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) so I pay for that spiciness over and over and over again. But... it's necessary. Here's what I try to work into my rotation (about 4-5 times a week):
-Chili (ground beef, tomato paste, onion, garlic, chili powder, tobasco/hot sauce)
-Taco quiche (ground beef, eggs, cheese, onion, garlic, medium salsa)
Here's what I have read: If you've abused your body over a long period of time, chances are your metabolism is damaged. Don't expect to repair it overnight. Here are a few more ways to boost metabolism:
(1) Exercise long and slow and steady as opposed to quick and intensely.
(2) Drink caffeinated drinks (coffee, tea, and especially green tea) to get that rush. Hmm.. is this really a good idea?
(3) Never skip breakfast (break-the-fast) because you've "starved" all night. It's time to jump-start your body and your day or else your body will decide to go into "starvation mode". Even if it's just peanut butter crackers or a piece of fruit or boiled egg... eat!
(4) Eat small frequent meals, but start with a glass of water first. It fills you up, and gets things moving. Eat a small meal (a few bites of veggies and fruit, a credit-card-sized bit of protein and a couple oz of starch), then do it all over again 2-3 hours later.
(5) Drink ice water because the body will burn calories adjusting to the temp of the water inside your bod.
That's just a few things to help you speed up how fast you burn calories (boost metabolism). If you have more suggestions, feel free to leave it in the comments! I'm gonna try as many as possible!
Medical Marijuana MUST be legalized - I heard about this story on THE VIEW this morning, and felt like I had to get more info about it. I found the following article. http://thinkprogress.org/ju...