Recipe - Chocolate Hazelnut Dessert

I love the things I've figured out how to make with flaxseed-meal. This in particular. It gives me the taste of chocolate I crave while giving me a great dose of fiber. It's cholesterol free, low in calories, and best of all (for me) it's gluten-free!

Ingredients:
1/4 cup ground flaxseed-meal
1 Tbsp powdered cocoa (I use Nestle/Toll House)
2 Tbsp hazelnut flour/meal (I use Bob's Red Mill)
1 packet Stevia Extract (I use NOW brand)
dash of cinnamon
1/3 cup warm-to-hot water
1/2 cup frozen strawberries, defrosted

Directions:
In a large wide shallow microwave-safe bowl,add 1/4 cup ground flaxseed meal, mix in the cocoa, hazelnut flour, packet of stevia and a dash of cinnamon. Combine well. Add warm water and combine until gloppy. That's ok. It's supposed to be like that. Microwave on high for 2 minutes, then use a spatula to gently loosen the sides and edges. Microwave another minute, loosen, scrape and turn over. Microwave another 30 seconds. Place on serving plate and top with strawberries. Makes 1 serving.

Chocolate Hazelnut Dessert, plain:
Carbs: 5 g
Fat: 14 g
Calories: 175
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 5 mg
Protein: 6.0 g

Chocolate Hazelnut Dessert, with 1/2 cup strawberries:
Carbs: 10 g
Fat: 14 g
Calories: 200
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 5 mg
Protein: 6.3 g

Gluten-Free and Low-Carb

2 comments:

Unknown said...

yum! Good job making something that you can enjoy! :)

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy said...

Great blog! You know, I have been so tempted to get flaxseed but I just haven't yet. I know it is super healthy and it sound wonderful in this dessert! Thanks!