Veggie Time


Yes, this is from my garden, but not this year's. Is there any way you can grow your own veggies? You need veggies for the nutrients and fiber and minerals, right?

Just think ... it's been a long day at work. You don't feel like grocery shopping. You have meat in the crockpot ready and waiting but you want something fresh and exciting to perk up your dinner and also your day. You leave your car and trudge to your front door, key in the lock, open, throw your stuff on the floor, close the door and toss yourself into the nearest chair. A lazy hand reaches over and grabs ...
...crisp cucumbers
...succulent yellow squashes
...juicy warm-from-the-sun tomatoes (lotsa shapes, sizes, colors)
..fresh green beans

... just to name a few.

We have a container garden in our front room, bathed in natural sunlight and supplemented with grow-lights. You can too!

And what could possibly be bad about growing your own vegetables? Healthy, no pesticides, no wax, no chemicals, and pretty daggone cheap.

What are you waiting for? It's Autumn, and seeds/gardening supplies are on sale! Get your butt up and go get some! Start it now, and you'll be eating fresh green beans by Thanksgiving.

6 comments:

Twix said...

Fresh beans are the BEST! I've been enjoying squash, spaghetti squash with a little coconut oil and parmesan... mmmmm. ;-) Growing your own is lots of fun and rewarding!

Christina said...

We have some tomatoes growing and pumpkins. We just got our house and have been working all summer long to get everything ready for next year. The plan is to put in grass and have a garden. I LOVE fresh veggies!!

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Karla said...

I have a black thumb!! Farmers markets are for me!!

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

I try every year, sometimes successfully, sometimes not. It's so brutally hot here in summer that you have to spend a lot of time babysitting the plants, which is where I usually fall short. Oh well, there's always next year. :)

Anonymous said...

I am spoiled. I have my father-in-law to grow everything for me. All summer I have been getting a daily "delivery" of tomatoes and zucchini.

I eat cherry tomatoes like candy!

Diane

Chayah said...

Wow what a friggen great idea! I never even thought about containers. Off to research.