Day 65 Wed - Another Klutzy Move

I did it again. I am a klutz.

Last night, after dinner and tidying up and so forth, I thought I'd help my Kid check on the livestock one last time ... water, food, hay, and collect any eggs. One of my Easter Egger almost-hens (will lay blue or green eggs hopefully within a few more weeks) had a string caught around one of her feet. I entered the pen and tried to catch her so I could get it off of her. I totally forgot about the roost (a 2x2x8' post) I had about chest-high in the pen, and rammed my face right against it. Hit the bridge of my glasses, pushing them into my skin. Big ole cut on the bridge of my nose.

Needless to say, I'm in pain. HUGE headache, mild concussion, black eyes, and whole 9 yards. Used triple antibiotic ointment until Hubby came home with liquid-skin stuff to seal up the gash. Doc office said to NOT exercise or in any way exert myself until the pain and headache goes away. And gotta watch for signs of major trauma, like twitching, troubles waking up, confusion, etc ... and signs of infection, like red streaks around the gash that could possibly affect my eyes.

Geez. Just call me Klutz.

And here I was planning on starting low-carb today, with lots of exercise so I can finally get below 230 pounds!

So... this is the only posting I'm gonna do for today. I'll still be careful about what I eat, and MIGHT post today's numbers tomorrow, but I'm basically gonna nap today. Can't even read my head hurts so bad.

I'll read blogs tomorrow. Hopefully.

Sooooo embarrassed.

3 comments:

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

I'm a klutz, too, but so far I've mostly avoided stitches. :)

Hope you feel better soon!

Twix said...

Yikes! No fun at all! Get to feeling better soon! (((hugs)))

Scuttleboose said...

Oh dear! I am so sorry to hear about this move - sounds just like something I would do!