Day 60 Fri - I love my crockpot

Up (very sore from the new exercises yesterday and head still hurting), packed Hubby's b-fast and lunch. Had to go downstairs to get a can of vienna sausages for him and while I was in that pantry, saw a box of oatmeal muffin mix. Hmmm... add a little chocolate chips or blueberries. NO! It has gluten so I CAN'T eat it. But I can make it for Hubby. So I brought it upstairs and went to get out cooking stuff, and realized. If I make it then I'll either have to send all of the muffins to work with him, or keep a few here and risk snacking on them. NOPE. Not gonna. Will make it Monday after Hubby gets home from work so he can take some to work the next day and drop off some at his mom's with the weekly cheese and eggs. Problem solved.

After he left, went back to bed. Up at 7:30, took bp (day 4 with no meds): 121/83, pulse 73. That's really good!

E-mailed the doc my results. Got the kid up, he ate breakfast, got the goat some food and we milked her. While I strained and pasteurized to make his favorite vanilla goat drinking milk, he watered the garden/pools and trees. Then...

Breakfast: leftovers from yesterday: oats, nonfat milk, pecans and this time I added 1/2 cup frozen blueberries.

Right after I finished eating, I went out to water the garden and critters. Wanted to do it before it got too hot. By 10:20 it was 84 degrees and rising. No clouds. Ow! I don't plan on going back outside for a while and might even have to run the a/c. Ugh.

Once finished with the watering, I let the egger pullets (young female chickens) out to free-range and came in. Ran the dishwasher. Folded clothes from last night while talking with Kid about a new project he wants to do for schoolwork. Worked the budget (we're getting a little behind and it's really causing stress); we're gonna have to have a yard sale. We have a ton (literally, a ton) of hay coming in the next few weeks and I need $75 for that. Plus propane and firewood for the winter ... and it's coming too fast... although with today's heat wave, you'd never know it. Read some blogs and e-mails.

Lunch: 1/2 big cantaloupe, 1 large banana, 2 tbs peanut butter, 8 black sesame rice crackers

I'm full! Time to research guinea fowl, and how to take a goat's temperature (getting my does ready for breeding). Yeah, right. That sounds like a Hubby job.

Collected 2 eggs and gave the chickens my cantaloupe rind (helps make the egg yolks more orange!).

Crockpot time! In case you didn't know, I'm a fanatic about my crockpots. During the winter I constantly have one or two or even three crockpots going! Pot roasts, stews, soups, rice, oatmeal, pasta dishes ... you name it and I've probably tried to crockpot it! Last winter I bought a double-crockpot (picture of one like it to the right) ... one base with 2 inserts and 2 different controls. I leave it out on my counter all the time, and use it at least once a week during the summer. Today I filled both sides.

Side one for Hubby: steak, 1/4 lb bacon, 2 potatoes, 1 onion, garlic powder and later I added some diced zucchini, and a bunch of dried veggies still left over from last year.

Side two for me and Hubby: ground beef, ground turkey, 2 onions, chili powder, garlic powder, and later I added salsa to make some taco meat. Hmmm.. I could eat this several times a week!

A/C on now. It's 96 at 2:00 p.m. Yep... it's time!

So I'm doing the crockpot thing and the Kid saunters up, bored.

"Finished all your schoolwork already?" I asked.

"I did math. I did art. I guess I'm done."

"Uh oh. Nope. Do another project."

He goes off and 15 minutes later wanders into where I'm working on the computer. "Where are my electives folders?"

Oops. That was one of the things on my to-do list that I didn't do this week. "Um, didn't get around to making them. What elective do you want me to prepare?"

"What are my choices?"

"There's cooking for home ec, more art, auto repair, movie-making, computer programming ... Honey, look at your list that you have on your schoolwork wall and decide."

Of course, he wants to work on "create your own language" and wants my help. Sigh. More time away from my work. But I **am** his mom and his school-helper-thingy. So I take more time away from my stuff to make up his project folder with parameters and information about creating a language. (HE was the one who originally put it on his high school credit list, not me!). It took 2 hours to create this project, make up the folder, and get it put together.

Then I took another 2 hours to do a home economics/cooking project folder for him and it's only JUST finished.

THEN he changed his mind and wanted to work on writing a list of film producers and directors he wants to write to (to get info on what he should do to become a movie maker). ARGH! I didn't have time for that. Sorry sweetie. By now it's AFTER 4 and I hadn't exercised at all, not even on the exercycle.

Exercycle: Burned 100 calories in 9:06 minutes

Hubby home. Ate:

Dinner: 2 corn tortillas, taco meat, 2 slices cheese, 2 tbs sour cream

Milked the goat, strained, refrigerated. Put the chickens back in and let the adults out but I had to stay with them to chase them out of my garden so I got lots of exercise up and down our hill! Put them up and back in...

Exercycle: Burned 200 calories in 22:17 minutes

... while we watched "Bruce Almighty". It's getting late so...

Today's Numbers:
Carbs: 137.6
Fat: 53.8
Calories eaten: 1170.8
Calories burned on exercycle: 300
Calories burned in total: 4531

1 comment:

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

Wow, I thought I was something having two crockpots! Now I see I have to go get another one. :)
They do make cooking easier, don't they?

Have a great weekend!