Fabulous Friday

I didn't eat enough today. I know that, but I just don't feel like it. I started with a banana because my stomach was still upset. I made Tween and I smoothies around 10 a.m. with a banana, frozen organic strawberries and blueberries, and plain goat yogurt. And I drank lots of water after I replanted some of my uprooted garden. That's it.

Last night I had posted a notice on craigslist.com about the stray dog, and because I didn't sleep well last night, I checked e-mails at 5:25 a.m. There was an e-mail from a neighbor searching for her mother's dog who was staying with her. Tween and I were outside her house at 7 a.m., with stray and our chihuahua (our horse-puppy stayed home), and she was very grateful we'd taken care of her mom's dog (which turned out to be an adult bichon, not a poodle puppy). Saga over. I couldn't really have taken on yet another dog as I have WAY too much on my plate right now.

Tween and I planted marigolds and a hot banana pepper in the front yard tiered planting beds. This weekend we'll do more, if it doesn't rain, which it probably won't because we're in a major drought. Then we went to the backyard and planted some tomatoes into their raised bed, along with basil, marigolds and parsley (companion plants). One of the tomato plants already has little green balls on it! Yum!

This weekend, we'll pot up the blueberry, blackberry, raspberry and strawberry plants I bought this week. I can barely wait for this unlimited and cheap organic produce! I have a few other plants to go into the raised bed too, like eggplant and sweet peppers. I think I spotted a radish seedling today too!

The gardening was great exercise, in addition to our early morning walk. I'm still not hungry but for dinner I'll have a bit of raw org broccoli and zucchini for dinner. Tween will get those veggies plus gluten-free pasta with more of the raw goat milk cheese, and hubby will get the veggies with regular pasta with the goat milk cheese.

Anyway...I feel fabulous! I stuck with the diet, despite being tempted by thoughts of juicy cheeseburgers and dark chocolate chips.

Have a great weekend, folks! Vee

2 comments:

Deborah said...

I'm so glad you're feeling better with these withdrawls.

Annabel www.feedmeimcranky.com said...

Hey! Found your blog through Jen, A Prior Fat Girl, and wanted to give you a shout out! I am wishing the best for you in your journey! I am here to commiserate if you ever need it! :D

Annabel