A Salad Wish Fulfilled. Kinda.

I've been wanting a salad for a few days now, and I didn't have the greens. Nor the time... with Hubby being home only from Friday evenings thru Sunday afternoon. We had a blizzard Thurs/Fri, and my 25-yr-old car doesn't like moisture so we didn't go many places for the past few days.

Got a car battery at Sam's. Grabbed from fruit and veggies and salad. After Hubby left this evening, I made me a yummy salad with greens, pea pods, dried cranberries, cashews and orange-sesame dressing. I had already had some raspberries and blackberries (which tear up my stomach) and a humongous carrot, so I think I did pretty well. I finished it off with a couple of pieces of dark chocolate and some reconstituted fat-free milk.

Canines and kid are in bed. House is closed up tight. I've taken my meds and am getting ready to shut down the computer.

Good night, all. Vee

3 comments:

Ron said...

Your salad sounds awesome, I hate making salads! I usually buy mine made up, then I don't have the leftovers wilting and rotting in the fridge

Crabby McSlacker said...

That salad sounds great!

Peapods, must remember peapods...

Dutch said...

I eat a lot of salads but I never seem to want to put fruit in it. I think I will try it next time. Have a great week.