A Little Bit of Success Against Will

I had to get out of the house today. Hubby thought maybe Whole Foods would have gluten-free hamburger buns - they used to. Since he was taking the dog to his mom's to fix her computer, I took the Tween with me. Whole Foods didn't really have much of anything gluten-free (big change from the last time I went) but did manage to find a little bit.

That's why I don't like to out. I'm tempted to spend money. Oh, and I'm a bit agoraphobic. It takes a lot to get me to leave my home. My family - taking care of them - is my biggest motivator.

Meanwhile, on the way home, Tween, who is ALWAYS hungry because of that hollow leg and always-empty belly, says as we stopped by every fast-food place: "can we get mcdonald's" or "can we get pizza" or ... you get the drift. It just so happens that Jack-In-The-Box just opened around the corner from our home. I drove near it. I almost turned. I thought "it's not fair to Hubby to go without him" or "I'd have to admit it on the blog" or "Tween will tell on me". Good thoughts, right?

But I kept driving. Thinking about it every block to the house. Into the house. Climbing the stairs to this computer.

I figure, if I admit it right away, maybe I'll feel better.

I don't.

I want some cake.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kudos for not turning into Jack in the Box! That is definitely a step in the right direction!!

Unknown said...

Good job Vee! It takes a lot of self control to drive by those places! I know!!! I even pulled in the drive through once and felt so guilty I kept driving though without even ordering! lol It has been 1 1/2 years since Ive had fast food and believe me I feel so much better off without it!

:) tj

Deborah said...

Great job on passing by all those tempting fast food joints. That is a real victory!!

I prefer to stay home too. No hubby or kids to take care of anymore. Just me and the pups. But my home is my comfort zone and I love it. I even have a hard time talking myself into going off the mountain to my mail box even though I won't see anyone else. So I know where you're coming from there. It has taken me almost three years to convince my friends that I'm happiest at home and to quit berating me and trying to prod me into getting out and about.

Jen, a priorfatgirl said...

WOW WOW WOW Vee! Congrats on taking responsibility for your actions and not giving in! You know, when I feel like I"m ready to give in to temptation, when I've half talked myself into thinking I can "cheat" I remind myself that it doesn't bother anyone else if I eat crappy, no one else cares. I have to keep reminding myself these are my decisions. Anyways, congrats on making healthy decisions over and over again!