Back in the Saddle. Again. Hopefully.

Has it really been almost a year since I've written? Oh my. So sorry. I will do better.

It has been an eventful 12 months. My son had two brain surgeries May 2013 to try to get rid of his epilepsy. The surgeon took out his rt occipital lobe, rt hippocampus, part of the rt frontal lobe, and a tumor. While this did result in less seizures, he was left with 1/4 blindness in each eye, memory problems, and difficulties walking and talking. He also lost most of his memories, especially having to do with schoolwork.

It's been a struggle but he is walking and talking better. We are back to homeschooling because we had to start all over again.

As far as me... I can barely walk so am waiting for knee surgeries to happen in the Fall. Meanwhile, I try to move my upper body as much as possible. Not very succcessful.

And working to clean up my diet. Kind of a paleo but really can't imagine no legumes or dairy, so writing up my own diet. Assuming it works, I will publish a book about it.

Basics about it:
All kinds of veggies
All kinds of fruits
All kinds of legumes
All kinds of meats, seafood, poultry and eggs
Some dairy
Honey and stevia for sweeteners

NO GRAINS.

Instead, I am working up recipes for "bread" using nut flours, bean flours, coconut and sorghum flours, and crackers using soaked flax and chia seeds.

Trying trying trying.

So far, it is still SUCH a struggle to NOT eat cake, bread and pasta. Difficult to eat a BLT without the bread. Gotta figure this out. GOTTA.

My son needs me.

**I** need me.

No comments: