BREATHE!

DAILY SUPPORT GROUP TIME:

Take a moment to breathe!

This added oxygen is like fuel to a fire as far as your body fat is concerned. It's a catalyst for burning more fat. Take a deep breath inhaling from your BELLY (not your chest), then let out a big, slow exhale for a few seconds.

So... do YOU breathe deeply enough during the day?

====================================

Personal Update added at 7:52 a.m.: I weighed this morning. 221.8 pounds. Up a tad. I'll use this as my re-start point. I haven't gotten back to gluten-free eating and I'm paying for it. Stomach problems ... miserable. Itchy rash covering my entire body, especially hands. Dermatologist appt a week from this Thursday. Meanwhile, using medical gloves to milk the goat, which is NOT comfortable. Had to bring in my fav chicken from the workshop to our living rom because other chickens pecked at her and she started bleeding. She's better and should be going back out tomorrow. Moving all chickens back to their outdoor accommodations because we're not expecting any more below-zero weather any time soon. Kid has appointment tomorrow (Wed) for his heart and may come away hooked up to a heart monitor/halter. Getting back in the swing of things with schoolwork and helping me with the animals. I've made my plans, now need to come up with step-by-steps to accomplish them. Now... I'm gonna take my own deep breath, get out of bed, get dressed, and start my day. It's a new day... worthy of a new song and a new start!

3 comments:

Michele @ Healthy Cultivations said...

I actually have a little sign posted in my office that says, "Breathe deeply and often." There's little more soothing and calming than some deliberate, deep breaths.

This is a wonderful reminder.

Vee said...

Thank you, Michele. And welcome! Vee

Karla said...

deep breathing is recommended in the book Emotional Intelligence, I listened to the book on tape, helps me not to fly off the handle at folks at work :)

hope your hands get better soon, I had eczema for the first 25 years of my life.... sucker bummer

feel better :)