Support Group Time: How much water did you drink yesterday?
I haven't drunk nearly enough water since I've been doing this family thing all week. I drank only about 32 ounces yesterday. I should have had double that.
Most people don't drink enough water. Well, most people also carry around more than a few extra pounds. Connection? Some scientists think so (at least, that I read on the internet ... ha!)
Water covers 2/3 of this planet. It's necessary not only for basic life of plants but also for life-life. I.E. YOU. I read that if you watch what you eat, exercise, de-stress and get enough rest, and STILL don't lose weight, you might not be drinking enough water.
Fat is metabolized by the liver when it converts stored fat to energy. Unfortunately, the liver also has another job: to help the kidneys, which need lots of water to work properly. If the kidneys don't get enough water, the liver has to their work in addition to its own. This lowers the liver's productivity, which means it can't metabolize fat as quick and efficiently as when the kidneys are doing their job.
- Drink water first thing in the morning, before eating or drinking anything else
- Drink from a measured container so you'll be able to track how much you're drinking
- Set up a general schedule and follow it, like 2 glasses in the a.m., 2 glasses in the afternoon, and 2 glasses before bedtime.
- Look at your urine from time to time. If it's yellow, you're not drinking enough water to dilute the waste coming out.
- When sweating a lot because of heat or working out, increase your water intake.
- Women need 91 ounces a day (2.7 liters) and men need 125 oz (3.7 liters) ... from ALL sources... food AND drink. Water is the preferred liquid since it doesn't have chemicals, colors or sweeteners. Can't stand plain water? Drink herbal and/or flavored tea!
BTW: Avoid bottled water if at all possible (expensive, bad for the environment, has BPA in the bottles which hinders weight loss and is a carcinogen). Get a filter for your kitchen sink. Get a large BPA-free reusable dishwasher-safe drinking containers. Fill it up every morning and every afternoon. Drink water!
I'm gonna go grab another glass of water. Join me!
Puzzling over a title - As I worked on my "instant meals" / "healthy homemade MREs" book this week, I realized I am still very unsure as to what title to use. The companion blog i...