Day 37 Wed The Storm Cometh. Finally.

How did today go? Well, started off sleepy with a headache. How's that?!

Pre-Milking Snack: walnuts

Breakfast: a big one: 1/2 cantaloupe, red cherries, 1 egg scrambled with 1 slice swiss cheese, puffed millet with goat milk

Snack: my yogurt with raspberries and a sprinkling of dark chocolate chips

Lunch: taco meat with sour cream and cheese, cucumber

Dinner: turkey meatballs, zucchini, V8

Drank peppermint tea with lemon juice all day.

Finally pulled myself from bed, ate my pre-milking snack, milked, strained, refrigerated, then fed and watered the goats and chickens. Some work on my Kid's curriculum. Ate my big ole breakfast. More writing. Exercycle for 10 minutes (actually longer but I kept getting interrupted and needed to start all over again). Snack (my delicious homemade yogurt from my own goat but it was runny so I needed more starter next time!). Worked on book. Watered garden. Played with goats. Did several days' worth of cooking: turkey meatballs, beef taco meat, turkey burgers, and bacon (these all kept me in the kitchen for a few hours). Exercycle (10 min) during lag time in the kitchen. More writing.

Breath. Hubby called on the way home ... storm heading our way. Battoned down the hatches and as I did, noticed UPS had delivered a box and was getting rained on (hailed on!) just outside of the garage. Ran through the garage and got the sodden box in. Called UPS and spent the next hour yelling at people because last time they did that, it was for live plants and they all died.

Hubby came home. Ate dinner during the storm. In between bursts from clouds, I milked our goat, Hubby returned her to the pen while I strained the milk, pasteurized it and added vanilla. Cleaned kitchen and did dishes. Checked on my squash (only a few more days till I can pick the first one!). Got out more hay for the goats. And now I'm going to take a shower and get to bed to read/watch boob tube.

Tomorrow's weigh-day. Hope I didn't gain any more.

No comments: