Day 8 Tues was berry day

Weighed yesterday ... 253! Yahoo!
Did a little exercising in the morning: walked in place, a few crunches, etc.


I didn't feel like eating yesterday so no usual fried egg in the morning. Finally made myself eat around 11. Lots of fruit (raspberries, blueberries, strawberries, cherries and half a nectarine). I washed so many berries that I ended up packing up half for Hubby's breakfast today.

For snack I had a little bowl of creamed brown rice (brown rice cooked in raw goat's milk).

Did I have any protein at lunch? Don't even remember eating nuts or cheese or anything like that. Dagnabit.

For dinner I attempted (my first time) to make pesto with some basil from our garden. Didn't buy pine nuts (dag they are expensive) so I crushed some almonds. Hubby can't have regular cheese (that means no parmesan) so we added some hard sheep-milk cheese. Olive oil, basil, and 3 cloves of fresh garlic. Gonna have to work on the recipe ... add more basil and a little less garlic. Added that to some gluten-free pasta and a little mozzarella. That was my dinner.

I meant to eat some carrots and squash but my stomach was feeling a little funky, and a storm had begun to terrorize our critters (poor goats and chickens). And I was tired of eating.

I can't believe I wrote that.

We have a fridge full of fruit, more than veggies, but I'm thinking that once it's mostly gone, I'll restock with more veggies than fruit. It's the sugar thing. Plus I like fruit more than veggies so I'll eat more of it, and probably sabotage my getting-healthy thing.

3 comments:

jimpurdy1943@yahoo.com said...

QUOTE:
"We have a fridge full of fruit, more than veggies, but I'm thinking that once it's mostly gone, I'll restock with more veggies than fruit. It's the sugar thing. Plus I like fruit more than veggies so I'll eat more of it, and probably sabotage my getting-healthy thing."

Yeah, I'm diabetic and I have to watch my sugar. I limit my fruit, except for non-sweet fruit like avocados, sweet bell peppers, and tomatoes.

And, actually, I make some delicious salads sometimes, with only those three ingredients -- chopped avocados, peppers and tomatoes. Sometimes I'll sprinkle on a few extra goodies like nuts, plain yogurt, and maybe a little ground flaxseed.

Jim.

Lindsay said...

Awesome job on weighing in!!

Vee said...

Jim: thanks for the suggestion. I like most fruits and don't like most veggies so it's gonna be tough. Good idea.

Thanks, Lindsay.