Stick-To-It-Iveness

That's a hard word - stick-to-it-iveness. Sticking with something no matter what. I sure wish I had that, in abundance! But I'm collecting little bits and pieces as I work through this difficult time. Ok, not as difficult as some people (Jen, you're in my thoughts), but still...

I admit it. I'm an emotional eater. And stress eater. And I loves the taste of food. I love the feel of certain foods in my mouth. Ok. I'll stop ... enough about THAT.

What did I eat since last posting?

I had tacos last night. Corn taco shells, so gluten-free., Ground beef mixture, onions, lettuce, tomatoes, cheddar cheese and sour cream. Yes, sour cream. It seems to be sacriledge to eat a taco without sour cream. Also had carrots and a tomato from our garden.

Slept last night without a sleeping pill. Making progress again. Only a slight headache this morning, probably from the sleep apnea this time. (Headache is caused by the deprivation of oxygen during the night, when I stop breathing during sleep.)

Up early this morning to see if I can get some work done, so I ate a greek yogurt, and a long pull on a gallon of water.

Hmmm... the breakfast of champions.

3 comments:

Diane, Fit to the Finish said...

The stick-to-it is so important isn't it? That's what I learned on my journey too.

I too am an emotional eater, and boredom was probably my most common reason to overeat.

I hope you feel better, and that your house sells soon!

Ron said...

That's why we call it a lifestyle change, I think it takes some of us alot longer to fully adapt then others

Crabby McSlacker said...

Everyone has set backs, it's the folks who keep on pluggin' who eventually get where they want to be!

Just knowing you're an emotional eater and the triggers that make you vulnerable are really powerful in making changes. So many people don't even realize that's what they're doing.