Withdrawals Continue


What I'm assuming are withdrawals are still here. Sweating, shaking, etc. I had such a resulting migraine last night that I barely ate any of my dinner (broccoli, carrots, beans, rice), took a migraine pill, and hit the bed by 8:30. I didn't even clean up the dinner dishes.

Thankfully between the migraine pill, the sinus-infection pill and a sleeping pill, I fell asleep around 9:30 and despite many weird dreams, mostly about food, I awoke at 5:15 with still the dull throb of a headache.

I think I'll take care of the dogs, eat my apple, fix Tween's breakfast, and take a nap.
Update 9:35 a.m. Ate a pear instead of an apple, then started on our amaranth breakfast - mixed whole amaranth with flaxseed meal, cinnamon, chocolate, water, and rice flour which made pancakes that we drizzled on honey - Tween loved it and I thought it was pretty good too. I drank 3 mugs of filtered water so far, and now, even tho I feel a little better, I think I'm going to take that nap.

5 comments:

Kathleen said...

Maybe it's caffeine withdrawal? I don't know if you were having much before!

I haven't had processed foods since Oct. 21, 2007 (I've lost 87 pounds). I wish I did it years sooner.

Hang in there!

Vee said...

Kathleen: That's WONDERFUL that you did that. 87 pounds in 1.5 years is great too. I have about 130 pounds to go.

I never really have much caffeine, just what I got in chocolate and the rare Dr. Pepper. But giving up milk and milk products, fast food (which is always salty), etc... I think it's actual processed foods that I'm having withdrawals from. Vee

VRaz60 said...

Does chocolate ever give you migraines? My mother in law couldn't eat chocolate because of the excruciating migraines it gave her. Good luck on the detox, I don't know if I'd have the intestinal fortitude to do something like that. Continued good luck to you.

Unknown said...

It has been almost 2 years without processed food as well as milk, sugars, grains and starchy foods. I have lost 90 pounds. I don't think I had any withdrawals except fat.
I sure hope you are feeling better soon. That has to be just terrible.

Jen, a priorfatgirl said...

wow wow wow. Isn't it crazy that you are experiencing all of this just from NOT eating some food? Scary that it we do this to ourselves, that we eat all the toxin. ok, I am typing this and am in shock at your withdrawls but am not ready to to give it up yet.

Instead, I'm just going to stalk your blog and be scared of what I am probably doing to myself.